After use, a vase can have a build up of mineral deposits and stains. Here’s how to gently clean a vase using basic kitchen ingredients.
1. Fill the vase with a 50/50 mixture of warm water and white vinegar. If you have a large vase, make sure to at least cover any white film area of the vase.
2. Add a few drops of dishwashing soap and a handful of uncooked rice.
3. Gently swirl the mixture around for a few minutes.
4. If necessary, use a bottle brush to help remove any remaining film from the vase.
5. Remove the contents from the vase.
6. Wash with a mild soap, then rinse and air dry.
Your vase should now be sparkling, ready for your next bouquet of flowers.