The girls and I love blueberries! We enjoy them in smoothies, muffins, on pancakes, with yogurt and as a snack by themselves.
Blueberries are delicious and have wonderful health benefits:
* Packed with vitamins C and E which helps with healthy gums, absorption of iron and a healthy immune system.
* Rich in minerals – iron, magnesium, potassium and manganese.
* Help reduce free radical cell damage.
* Help reverse age related memory loss and motor skill decline.
* High in fibre which promotes a healthy digestive system.
* Assist with weight loss as they activate fat loss in abdominal cells.
1. Put berries into a colander and wash with fruit/veggie cleaner, to help remove any dirt and pesticides. Let drain for a few minutes.
2. Rinse with fresh water.
3. Spread out on clean teatowel and pat dry. Don’t use your best teatowels as they can stain.
4. Line a baking tray with parchment paper or another clean teatowel and spread out the berries in one layer.
5. Flash freeze by putting the tray in the freezer for a few hours.
6. Place into a ziploc freezer bag (pre-labelled with date and type of berries) and freeze.
Do you love blueberries? How do you preserve them?