2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/4 cup flaxseed meal
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 large egg, beaten
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup raisins (chocolate chips, cranberries or other dried fruits or nuts)
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Grease a 9″ x 13″ baking pan.
3. Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
4. Add the liquid ingredients. Mix well.
5. Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared pan. I use a metal spoon dipped into water to smooth the granola mixture out.
6. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes, until the bars begin to brown at the edges.
7. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then cut into bars and let cool completely.