1/2 cup shea butter
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup carrier oil (sweet almond, grapeseed, jojoba)
1 tbsp pure vanilla extract or 20 – 30 drops of vanilla essential oil
1. Half fill a saucepan with water and bring to a boil.
2. Place a glass bowl over the saucepan (ensuring that the bowl does not touch the water).
3. Turn the heat down to a simmer.
4. Add the shea butter and coconut oil to the bowl. Stir until melted.
5. Take the bowl off the heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
5. Add the carrier oil and vanilla. Stir.
6. Place the bowl in the freezer for 15 – 20 minutes to solidify.
7. Remove the bowl from the freezer and whip until fluffy. If the body butter does not whip well, place in the freezer for a few minutes and try again.
8. Store in an air-tight glass container.
What is your favourite skin care product to make?