Makes approximately 12 – 15 lemon blueberry muffins
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp finely grated lemon zest (optional)
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups fresh blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
4. In a separate smaller bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, milk, vanilla extract (and lemon zest, if using).
5. Pour the egg mixture onto the flour mixture and stir gently.
6. Add the blueberries to the batter mixture and stir gently to combine.
7. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full and bake for 20 – 25 minutes.
8. Bake until toothpick inserted into middle comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes.
9. Leave to cool completely on wire racks.
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup icing sugar (powdered sugar)
Mix together sugar with lemon juice until smooth and the thickness desired. Drizzle over the tops of cooled muffins.