These cookies are quick and easy. Perfect when you need something chocolatey, but cannot wait for a cake to cook!
Makes approximately 24 mud cookies
1/2 cup butter
3 tbsp cocoa
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup peanut butter
3 cups quick-cooking oats
1. Place butter, cocoa, sugar and milk in a saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil and boil for one minute.
3. Turn off the heat and add the vanilla extract and peanut butter. Stir until smooth.
4. Add the oats and stir until incorporated.
5. Drop spoonfuls onto a lined baking sheet. Use wax paper, parchment paper or a Silpat.
6. Leave to cool then set in the refrigerator.
Store in an air tight container in the fridge.
Variations: Use almond milk, almond butter or another nut butter, Rice Crispies or Cornflakes instead of oatmeal