These mini eggs Easter cupcakes use my favourite deliciously moist vanilla bean cupcake recipe and a lovely buttercream topped with chocolate mini eggs. These would make a pretty centrepiece for your Easter table.
Vanilla Bean Cupcakes
2 3/4 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup nearly boiling water
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
seeds from 2 vanilla beans
1. Preheat oven to 325F.
2. Sift together dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl or stand mixer.
3. Add oil, water and milk and mix for one minute at medium speed.
4 Add eggs, vanilla extract and vanilla seeds and mix together for another minute. The batter will be thin.
5. Put cupcake liners into tin and fill about half full with mixture.
6. Bake for approximately 18 – 25 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
7. Cool and decorate with vanilla buttercream.
Makes approximately 24 – 36 cupcakes
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
3 – 4 cups confectioners sugar
3 – 4 tbsp whole milk
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1. In a large bowl beat the butter until creamy.
2. Add three cups of the sugar, one cup at a time, beating on medium speed. Scrape sides of bowl as needed.
3. Add three tablespoons of the milk and the vanilla extract and beat for a few minutes until light and fluffy.
4. If your buttercream is too thick, add the remainder of the milk and beat again until the correct consistency.
5. If your buttercream is too thin, add the remainder of the sugar and beat again until the correct consistency.
6. Decorate your cupcakes as desired.